10th June 2019
esbs – also known as Earl Shilton Building Society – has announced strong financial results over the past business year, and that the organisation remains in excellent health.
The Society, which has branches in the Leicestershire town of Earl Shilton and the neighbouring village of Barwell, recently released its Summary Financial Statement to members and depositors, showing:
· Growth in total mortgage balances to a record-breaking £107 million.
· Profit before taxation in excess of £500,000, much of which will be added to the Society’s reserves to maintain financial stability and enable continued investment in its products and services.
· Total assets rising to £137.4 million.
· 97% recommendation rating.
· Gross mortgage advances of £19.6 million in the year.
Included among the investments made by the Society over the past year are a major refurbishment of its Barwell branch, which was completed in June 2018, as well as a revamping of its branding, with the new strapline “as individual as you” being introduced to express the individuality of the Society’s products, services and members.
The Society was also pleased to report that customer questionnaire feedback shows that of all the members to have joined esbs this year, 97% said they would recommend the Society to family and friends who are looking to save or borrow.
Paul Tilley, Chief Executive of esbs, said: “I am very pleased with how the Society has performed throughout the past financial year.
“As a mutual organisation, the Society serves its members, and their best interests are at the heart of everything that we do.
“We would like to thank members for their continued support as we would not be able to operate without them.”