Our Mission and Culture
esbs has been developing simple, transparent and competitive financial products and services which provide choice and good outcomes for our members for over 160 years, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
The Society treats customers as individuals and aims to provide consistently fair mortgage and savings rates.
The Society strongly values our heritage and the trust of our members and will ensure they remain at the heart of how we operate.
To support the Society’s mission, the Board collectively strives for excellence in its corporate governance arrangements and works together in a constructive, collegiate and professional manner, being committed to the following principles:
• We aim to bring about good outcomes for our customers
• We celebrate success and encourage development
• We carefully manage risk within appetite
• We speak up when things are wrong and will do everything we can to put it right
• We look at ways to support and engage with the local community