A Mortgage with Earl Shilton
Earl Shilton Building Society (ESBS) is one of the longest established building societies in the UK.
When it comes to mortgage lending, we offer a ‘common-sense’ approach to underwriting and assess applications individually on their own merits.
We understand that a mortgage can be a complex matter and that having qualified mortgage advisers on hand for assistance is very important. This is why we provide direct access to our Mortgage Team who are always happy to help; whether it’s initially discussing your requirements or questions you may have during the progress of an application or when the mortgage is up and running.
Here are a few key reasons to use ESBS for your mortgage:
- We lend for Purchase
- We allow remortgaging for a number of different capital raising purposes
- Our mortgage term can be up to 40 years
- We do not credit score
- You can overpay up to 20% per financial year without incurring an early repayment charge
- We can lend into retirement and to those working into later years – potentially up to age 85
- We can consider interest only, up to 50% Loan To Value (LTV) or part and part for higher LTVs
- We are not restricted to lending in our locality and can lend throughout England and Wales
- We are Self-build specialists – Up to 50% on land and 75% as the works progress (Maximum loan £450,000)
- Properties subject to agricultural ties are considered (Maximum LTV 75% and maximum loan £450,000)
- Properties with Section 106 restrictions are considered (Maximum LTV 75% and maximum loan £450,000)
- Right-To-Buy is considered for standard construction houses – up to 100% of the discount price
- We are flexible with those who are self-employed or contractors
- We have no minimum valuation and our minimum loan is £20,000 for a house purchase and £25,001 for a remortgage
- Up to 4 applicants are allowed
- Adverse credit cleared over three years ago is considered
Please be aware that we have a minimum income requirement of £15,000 (sole or joint) unless the property is self-build, or the applicant has one or more Buy-To-Let mortgages as well, in which case the minimum income is £35,000 (sole or joint).
All applications are subject to meeting affordability requirements and full underwriting.
For more details browse the products from the menu on the left and then contact one of our Mortgage Team, who provide a professional and friendly service. The Team can be reached on 01455 844422 or you can click on contact us.
How To Apply
To apply for a mortgage you must be aged 18 or over. All applications will be subject to valuation, status and the Society’s Mortgage Conditions. We offer an advised sales process where we ask questions regarding your mortgage requirements/needs and your income and expenditure to ensure that we recommend the most suitable product for you. We will accept applications from applicants purchasing or remortgaging in England or Wales. For further information, or for a Key Facts Illustration+, please call on 01455 844422 and speak to one of our mortgage advisers, visit one of our branches or email firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGEPrint this page